Thomas D. Baldwin is a Member with the firm’s Family Law Group. He brings more than 30 years of experience handling all types of family law matters, including divorce, custody, child removal, domestic violence, issues relating to the preparation, enforcement and setting aside of family-type agreements, and post-judgment matters.
He has negotiated, drafted, and when necessary, sought enforcement or the setting aside of written contracts of all types – from premarital and reconciliation agreements to support and property settlement and custody and parenting time agreements.
Thomas also has extensive appellate experience, including several New Jersey Supreme Court appearances. In addition to being a seasoned litigator, he is a trained mediator and is listed on the New Jersey Superior Court’s roster of approved mediators, often appointed by attorneys and judges to mediate resolutions of family matter disputes.
Widely deemed a thought leader in the area of family law, he is a co-author of Thomson West’s New Jersey Family Law and Practice with Forms, Vols. 10-12, a three-volume, comprehensive, yet practical, guide to family law statutes and procedures in New Jersey. Additionally, he co-authored Domestic Relations—Legal Forms, which deals with the transactional aspects of Family Law and contains extensive forms and analysis, including tax analysis, marital settlement agreements, child custody and child support, spousal support, and prenuptial agreements.
- Quinnipiac University School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- Rutgers Law School ()
- Moravian College (B.A., 1983)
- New Jersey
- Chambers High Net Worth, Family/Matrimonial Law: New Jersey – Band 1 (2021)
- New Jersey Super Lawyers (2005, 2007-2009, 2014)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Rating
- Early Settlement Panel, Panelist – Essex, Morris and Union Counties
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law and Litigation Sections
- American Bar Association, Family Law and Litigation Sections